Pages

Monday 12 December 2011

New ornaments for the tree

My trusty Bernina 1260
Yes it is a trusty machine, and I could never part with it. A little cleaning and oiling each time I use it is going to be my New Year's resolution as I think it needs tlc now its older. Not that there is anything wrong with it, I just want to have the best out of it. And this is one of my new decorations for the tree, homemade silk tussah pinwheels with homemade felt bobble centres covered in gold mesh and beading on the corners. They were a bit fiddly to make but they are done now.

The good news this week is that the Lesser Redpolls are back in my garden.  The Nyger seed feeder had 3 females and one male on it this morning along with a couple of Goldfinches and a couple of Siskins.  So I am pleased as they are such cute birds and they stayed all winter last year with 14 coming to the feast one day! I will see if I can photograph them but they are not easy to pose.....
I do have last years photos on this blog so if you are new to it you can use the search to see what they got up to last December. Well that's all for today, I have so much to do.

No comments: