Pages

Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas wreath idea


I used a plastic ring and oasis well wired on and then filled it with greenery


I just love making one of these each year and have a particular tree which I raid. I only take a little because I don't like to spoil the tree. Its the pretty greyish fir which is always good for filling in the background.  Then I added Pieris and a few sprigs of Rosemary and finally the red berries on what I think is Cotoneaster? Not sure about that last one but it grows in abundance down towards the lake.  I should know it because I used to do a lot more flower arranging, but sadly don't have the time now.  Anyway, I saw a clip from a programme BBC Victorian Christmas which showed them making a wreath and they used raffia to wrap around the twigs so I thought why not make a bow from it this year.  So this is my effort and I hope you approve, its not showy at all but quite pretty I think.




2 comments:

Miriam Weaver said...

The wreath is lovely very festive. Your friend will be thrilled with the bag you posted yesterday.

Lyn Armstrong said...

I delivered the bag today so she has it for tomorrow. Have a good Christmas and thanks for your comments, I read them all but sometimes I am so busy I don't reply.