Pages

Thursday 8 December 2011

Embroiderers' Christmas Lunch

A pretty Santa in the bar window seat
It was our annual lunch today and we went to Threlkeld nestling under majestic Blencathra to sample the delights of the menu, and we were not disappointed!  We had a good choice on the Festive Menu which included roast turkey, pan seared venison scallops, salmon on a bed of tagliatelle and smoked haddock with poached egg etc.

So if you want to have a really good lunch and you are visiting Cumbria you cannot do better if you like a good traditional English pub than to try the Horse and Farrier at Threlkeld.

Before I go I just want to say hello to Marilyn who has been recovering from a broken wrist and Sally who also was missing today because she is suffering from ill health too. I do hope you are both better soon and have a good Christmas.

I have received the parcel I waited all day yesterday for today.... so now I can finally finish wrapping all those presents and send them on there way to Palm Springs; phew that will be a relief...  So I have to crack on, until tomorrow then.

No comments: