Pages

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Day 21 Advent Challenge I see the moon, the moon sees me......

Now that title is in a song but I can't get past those few lines, does anyone know how it goes?

I did see the eclipse this morning through the bedroom window and I was not going to open it for anything as it was -14 outside!  Anyway, I snapped away with my camera but none of the results were good enough for this blog; I do have some standards. By way of a substitute then, I am showing you a kitchen cupboard the way I like to display it with my dryed hydrangeas on top.  Each autumn I replenish them so they stay fresh looking as in my opinion there is nothing worse than old, tired, dusty flower arrangements. I usually add a few fairy lights at Christmas and they look pretty in the kitchen at night when all the other lights are out.  So I am gradually decorating the house with a little bit new each day.

This afternoon, Bella and I went for a walk in the woods and picked some wild ivy and a few little snips of fir tree from Hope Park..... I went round the back of the tree and took a little from there. The result will be shown soon as I am still arranging the foliage at the moment and broke off to do this blog because I suddenly realised that time was ticking away again......So I must go or else.......

4 comments:

Rosalind said...

Try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g8b1WuNifQ
It is going to be on the tip of my tongue now too!
:o)
I haven't started decorating yet. -12C inside our conservatory overnight. Think tonight will be colder!

Lyn Armstrong said...

Thanks Rosalind, that's it. Hope it isn't soo cold tonight, at the mo it's -5. Good luck with the decorating, mine went well tonight but I was nervous about using a lot of fairy lights...

Lesley said...

Some of the words as we know them,

'I see the moon, the moon sees me
........................

...let the light that shines on me.
Shine on the one I love.'


Fill in the gaps?

Lyn Armstrong said...

The utube link Rosalind sent plays the record and it's hilarious, just as I remember it as a small child.