Pages

Saturday 18 December 2010

Day 18 Advent Challenge Dusk and the garden goes to sleep

I love that time of day in winter with the snow lying when you can turn on the outside lights and watch them twinkle against the frosty snow. This is one of my mature apple trees and I keep a set of lights in it for Christmas time and sometimes during the summer for lighting the garden. You can just see the moon through the tall branches trying to peep out from behind a cloud. The little birds have all gone to bed, and yes the 2 pretty little Lesser Redpolls were back feeding away today. There was a very funny moment when a male blackbird decided to chase a thrush which had taken a liking to the meal worms on the birdtable.....They chased into this tree and sat there a while before resuming hostilities and flying off with ruffled dignity and feathers......

My Christmas tree is all aglow too but I have not finished decorating yet as I like to do a little each day to make it all more interesting. So I have a wreath to make for the front door, and the holly is as I speak sitting in deep water so it gets a good drink first. I have other plans for other rooms too but there is still loads of time.  DD emailed to say her parcel had arrived and she had opened the box and had been feeling the pressies....... I hope you took Wallace and Gromets advice about the last posting date, as it's now gone I am removing their warning. Don't forget that the list top right contains all the other bloggers doing the Advent Challenge and trying to post something everyday. There is some good stuff there.

No comments: