Pages

Sunday 12 December 2010

Day 12 Advent Challenge ITC Outdoors First Aid Course - in the dark

It's quite difficult to do anything when your outside in the dark let alone assess casualties, so I was rather glad when our course today headed for the inside again away from the soggy wet wood we had been grovelling about in.  The last exercise of the day over and we had all passed with flying colours of course, phew that's a relief.  I should now be able to start thinking about the Christmas presents I still have to buy and where I put all the decorations, not least of my problems will be buying the tree.  We always buy a fresh tree, nothing artificial is ever countenanced here. So where do we buy ours? Whinlatter Forest is the place and we usually go up Whinlatter summit first so Bella gets a little exercise too.

Meanwhile, I was given these goodies at our EG Christmas Lunch the other day, I might just have time to have a play with them and make something else too, who knows. I do like to put some home made decorations on the tree and I have a small collection now of little embroidered and sewn items which I use. I am going out to lunch again tomorrow with a friend and we hope to go here as there is a new Orangery part to the cafe and we have not been able to get inside it yet.....It's always packed with people and it's only small, so maybe we will be lucky on a cold Monday in December, fingers crossed.

No comments: