Pages

Monday 20 December 2010

Day 20 Advent Challenge "4 & 20 Blackbirds, baked in a pie......."

Actually not quite that many, but I had 14 Blackbirds eating apples on my lawn yesterday, so this morning I went into the greenhouse and found some more lovely red apples I had left in there which were still good enough for the birds but not for us and tossed them onto the lawn where the Blackbirds could find them. Then I went to Ambleside on the bus because I wanted to go to Hayes Garden Centre for some new Christmas lights.

When I returned the apples were gone and only a few Blackbirds remained, very fat Blackbirds they were too.

When I arrived back in Keswick off the bus I was dying for a good coffee so I went into one of Keswick's best known secrets, Peter Sidwell's  also known as simplygoodtaste.  He is a local celebrity chef and runs a fab cafe which also makes very good bread. He has written some cookery books and one of them is all about bread; it's funny he uses Carr's flours too, just like me.

1 comment:

BilboWaggins said...

Self administered smack - we nearly went into simplygoodtaste on Saturday but I was tired and wanted to go home instead. Next time I will take your advice and stop for a coffee.