Pages

Friday 25 September 2009

Friday Treat



My postman was fast today, and slipped this through the letter box without my noticing.  Bella has gone for a long walkies so no barking alerted me to the 'silent post'.  But I seem to have an instinctive knowledge when goodies are imminent...

So I won't tease you anymore, but will open it for you....




Its from contemporarystitches and is a pretty pincushion made from silk and hand embroidered by Karen Ruane.




This is the back....


Altogether far too pretty to stick pins in?  Much better than my old battered pincushion tomato which I have had since I was 9 years old.. This is a closer look at the front




It kind of reminds me that I still have not finished the Mountmellick work I started at the workshop we had last October with Rubina Porter.. I still have it in the frame for heaven's sake. I will have to finish it because I need the frame for the Crewelwork next month. Meanwhile, I am going to place this very pretty piece next door to my beloved Bernina and see what happens....

I have not had a good response to the Irish Chain Quilt competition because no one has answered, so I will shelve the idea of competitions for now, although I must admit I probably should have dangled a suitable carrot before your noses...Never mind, I will try again one day. Meanwhile, have a good weekend.

No comments: