Friday, 10 September 2010

The finished quilt project


I am in a hurry because I have a few things to do tonight so that I can enter the Thornthwaite, Braithwaite and Newlands Home and Garden Show tomorrow. Phew that is a mouthfull, I wonder if they could shorten the title a bit? Anyway, this is the quilt fini apart from an annoying tiny hole I found on the edge of the backing fabric whilst sewing the edge. It can wait though because this has to go on show tomorrow. DH is pleased with it because he likes bright colours and prefers designs which are not too contrived. He went to art college and has a degree in Fine Art so I respect his judgement don't you know.....Also he taught A level art for many years so is used to having his advice followed...... I have taken more photos with my new camera but when I rotate them with my trusty Corel Paint software and then upload them to Blogger,  they are being re rotated back....most frustrating. I never had this problem before but since the new camera its all up the creek. Anyway, I will just have to figure it out later.

I used Mathilda wool and polyester wadding in this quilt and it went together and quilted in my Bernina 1260 like a dream.  I have experimented with bamboo wadding before and it dulled my needles but not this stuff. I only broke one and it was when I caught the quilt on the needle, maybe that is where the hole came from.
Well I must go but will report back on how it did in the little show.

1 comment:

Alice said...

It looks lovely Mum...and very pink!
hope it does well at the show.
xxx