Pages

Sunday 5 March 2017

Bought a new vacuum cleaner a couple of weeks ago

I had my old vacuum for so long that it was shoddy and a bit out of date.  It was a good one but needed replacing with something better as there is so much choice out there now.  I chose a Dyson in the end because I did my research into the various tools it came with.  I don't know about you, but buying a vac without plenty of accessories is a waste of time I think.  I wanted a machine which gave me plenty of opportunities for getting in nooks and crannies and for reaching up to the picture rail which is in nearly every room in the house and which collects dust badly if left.

Anyway, I also wanted to try it out on my smaller quilts which hang on the walls in the house.  Do you know it was perfect. I kid you not.  There is a special tool for dusting flat surfaces and it has a very soft underneath which I used actually on the quilts and it removed all of the small particles of dust without dragging the fabric or distressing it at all. 



Quilt based on the ceiling at Sizergh Castle, Cumbria
This quilt is cream and has extensive machine embroidery and even a few Swarovski crystals attached.  It hangs on the wall at the top of the stairs and has been there for about 8 - 10 years, I had brushed it now and then but mostly ignored it... So the top and bottom had dust and also a small amount on the roundels but not anymore.

The photo shows the tool and I had just used it to remove some dog hair, yes Bella had jumped on the bed and she is quite hairy at the moment because being a Border Terrier she will need stripping in about 4 weeks as she has to be done twice a year.

Irish Chain quilt with Dyson tool


One of the 'Sizergh' stags after cleaning.


Fuji Autumn had a clean too
So I had a go at Fuji which I used to keep in the bedroom and now and then passed a clothes brush softly over. I am pleased to say that I now know I can trust this tool to keep my quilts which I don't wash as they are wall hangings clean.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It really can be quite confusing when you find yourself in the market for a new vacuum cleaner. It is very smart to look around your home and observe what you will be cleaning so you can find a vacuum with the best attachments for your needs (like vacuuming decorative quilts) while you are still at the store. But the Dyson brand is indeed a great choice!