Pages

Monday 27 March 2017

Birthday carrot cake

I have a friend who was having a special birthday last Friday so I made him my Carrot Cake.  I take it that this photo taken by the legendary mountaineer Alan Hinkes of the 'living legend' rock climber Paul Ross means that it was appreciated and not that it was hard to cut ha ha...

Paul having fun cutting the cake

To celebrate his special day, Paul climbed Little Chamonix in Borrowdale and he was filmed doing so.  I can't wait to see the footage.

Paul has a very interesting Facebook page where he often posts photos of his adventures and he also gives lectures about his life so too does Alan Hinkes of course as he is the only British mountaineer to have climbed all 14 of the world's mountains over 8,000 metres.

Anyway, Alan said to me that although the cake was for Paul he thought carrots were strictly for dinner and he preferred chocolate or lemon cake.  Was that a big hint I wonder?

No comments: