Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Jacket

The linen needs a good press now
I have just about done it all apart from the sleeve length which I am a bit undecided about so I am having a few days thinking.  The bow is not something I am good at tying (never have been) it always comes out crooked when I tie one. Is there a special way of doing it? I put an insert of black lace around the neck because I want to wear it with a black lace pencil skirt so thought it might help.  I did think my pearls would go around my neck. The mark on the right is natural and its all part of the linen so I don't mind it, there is another smaller one on the back too. Linen does seem to be very fashionable this summer, but I need to think of ways to stop it creasing so much.......

I still don't have much idea for a hat, but made some silk paper today so you never know something might spark in my brain..........

3 comments:

Miriam Weaver said...

The jacket is looking good.

Alice said...

Super Jacket! Wrinkles are good in linen... RE tying a bow..just google "how to tie a perfect bow" and soon you will know :-)
A lady came in the gallery last week with a photoshop retouching job I didn't know how to do...I told her I would work on it and as soon as she walked out I hit YouTube...presto! Happy customer..
xxxx
Alice

Lyn Armstrong said...

Thanks for the bow ideas, I will get some practice in. Good to hear the customers are getting star treatment.