Pages

Thursday 21 June 2012

EG workshop today

Many thanks to Lesley for her excellent workshop today on making boxes quickly using the sewing machine and pelmet vilene.  It was very easy to do because she had cut out all the pieces ready for us so it saved time.  As you can see I did not quite finish mine and I chose very bright cotton for the outside of the box with a subdued inner. I outlined the pieces with some aqua green knitted tape stuff.  I am not sure what it is called or supposed to be used for but it worked well on this project.
Part finished box
I used a Madeira glitter in green to zig zag the edges too.  Anyway, it was good to chill out and listen to the chatter from our friendly group of EG ladies and to catch up with the latest news.  I have to go now as I still need to get back to the jacket and the hat.......

No comments: