Pages

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Ice Cream Week

I heard on Radio Cumbria this morning that it is ice cream week and as the sun is shining at the moment it seemed a good idea to make some.  The only trouble is that I am going to Skye on Friday for 6 days to climb some more mountains so we need to eat it all quickly, but that is not a bad idea....

My Philips Ice Cream Maker (above) needs it's disc putting in the freezer for about 24 hours to get really cold. So I will have to leave it in the freezer compartment of my fridge until tomorrow. (I don't have a freezer.) Meanwhile I have just put some rhubarb on to stew so I can try a recipe I found today on the web. Here is the website which seems to be the place to find loads of inspiration for yummy recipes.

http://www.ice-cream-recipes.com/

There is also a blog here http://blog.ice-cream-recipes.com/

Bella loves it when I make ice cream and she hangs around in the kitchen with her nose in the air sniffing away. I hope she can wait until tomorrow....

No comments: