Pages

Friday 26 March 2010

Making a Scrappy Quilt

I went to Cumbria Patchworkers in Penrith on Wed nesday with loads of cut up squares to make a Mystery Quilt. Well in the end 3 of us had not read the instructions fully. (Last minute rush the night before in my case.) So it became obvious during the day that my mystery quilt was not going to be the one intended......erm what could I do?  Well nothing ventured and also I realised it was no good getting precious about it....So home I came and took another look at those half finished triangles which were supposed to be flying geese! Well of course if you place 4 geese together you get a square; and I am much more comfortable with those anyway. So the quilt is now well underway and the mystery will be revealed soon. I am thinking it will make a throw for my occasional naps on my sofa, or even Bella's much more frequent naps on my sofa every day....

No comments: