Pages

Saturday 12 December 2009

Hard work but worth it..


Well I won't go into the saga of how my new sanding mouse blew up within 25 minutes of using it and what happened next, but it was quite a week and now I can stand back and admire. Well not quite because there are still things to finish off, but I have even started to imagine a Christmas Tree in the corner....

Yes the floor you see has now been sanded and sealed with 3 coats of special floor silk finish varnish. It looks lovely to me and was worth it. I especially want to thank the wonderful, friendly staff here for letting me take home 3 oriental rugs to try before deciding which one to purchase. If you want really good service go and see them, they are a local well known Keswick firm and I always know I will find something I love there. For those of you who are interested, it is an Afghanistan rug; hand made and is a Kazak. I will cherish it! The colours sing. The man in the shop told me to write the date on the label when I bought it as it will still be unworn in 20 years time.

I did make something else this week but it was posted off to Palm Springs to my DD so I must not show a photo as she follows this blog. (Hello sausage! :-) 

Anyway, I am now going to settle down and think about some Christmas shopping and even go and look for a fir tree. I usually buy a Douglas Fir from Whinlatter.  It became a tradition with my last two terriers to go there and take a shortish walk up onto Whinlatter Summit and then go back and pop them into the car whilst we chose a suitable tree. Sadly Jock and Bramble are no longer with us but I continue the tradition with my dear Border Terrier Bella. She loves sniffing around trees and especially Christmas ones! It will make such a change from the last few days on my hands and knees.

2 comments:

BilboWaggins said...

Lyn, your rug is beautiful. Young's is a gorgeous shop, wonder if visitors to Keswick know they will ship their treasures anywhere in the UK?

Lyn Armstrong said...

I didn't know Young's did that, so thanks for telling us. I have to role the rug up tomorrow because the photo does not show that I have not quite finished the skirting boards..Nearly there though and I bought a tree today ready for the time later in the week when I hope its all done.