Pages

Sunday 6 December 2009

Dalemain Christmas Lunch

Last Thursday was the Keswick Embroiderers' Christmas Lunch in a Medieval Hall.  Here are just a few of our happy diners. May I introduce you to our new Chairman too. The central lady in the photo is our new Chairman Val Osborn and she is a keen hand and crewel embroiderer.


I did not hear any complaints about the food, so if you want an unusual setting for your lunch next year contact Dalemain. We had a three course lunch for £16.50 per head and we were there for just over two hours, so no one hurried us. You do need to on the ball with your bookings though because they fill up quickly. Below you have a view of the hall and its huge log fire!



The next meeting of the EG will not be a meal but a workshop in Threlkeld Village Hall as the Friends Meeting House is still being assessed for flood damage and will not be ready for a few months. So all future meetings until further notice will be in Threlkeld. But you can find out all the latest news elsewhere as Keswick now has another editor of their blog and it has also changed to the following:- Keswick Stitchers. So if you have any contributions or photographs to share please email them to the new blogger Lesley. I have included her email address and a link to the blog in the right hand column about Keswick EG. I am still an active committee member but I have relinquished some jobs for the time being in order to pursue other interests I have.

Tomorrow, is the first of the 5 Radio Cumbria broadcasts I recorded for the Ian Timms show so if you tune in at approx 5.45 you will hear yours truly. They tracked me down because I blog so who knows maybe it will be Lesley's turn next!

No comments: