Pages

Sunday 20 December 2009

Chair number 2 finished

Well I had hoped to finish the rocking chair last night, but the covers fought back, sigh... But at times like that I put down what I am doing and take a rest from it. So today I avoided all contact with real sewing and only posed with my tent in the snow for the 'extreme sewing' photograph for here. I did enjoy this competition and I have been a fan of Lisa Lam for a few years now. It was her blog which first inspired me to start one myself. She is very clever at making up competitions for her free give aways and this time the number one prize was a Janome sewing machine. So I thought, nothing ventured....

But I expect you are hoping to see a shot of my other chair now that it is finished and I would hate to disappoint you, so without further delay may I present my Ercol rocking chair which has been in my husband's family for about forty years. I have been its owner for the last 25 years or more and I have recovered it once before. It is a little more worn now but I love it so much that I will just hang onto it.




You can see the newly sanded floorboards too, which look good after all the crawling around on my hands and knees.  So I just need to put the pictures back on the walls and then it is done.  The Christmas tree is already up, perhaps I will post a photo of it next time, until then I need to do a spot of dusting around the house....

No comments: