Pages

Friday 20 November 2009

Trying to get back to normal

If you are following my comments on the recent floods do you mind looking at my other blog as I am only posting on that one about the situation now.


Meanwhile, I have been playing with log cabin mostly to take my mind off the current situation and because I find it easy to do so it suits my present mood when concentration is somewhat lacking.  I don't suppose this will ever be a fabulous quilt, but that does not matter, what does is that it will be warm and serviceable on a bed.  So this is a photograph of the initial stages and I hope to be able to display some better ones when I have something more interesting established.

I have no idea how I am going to put the blocks together yet or how I intend to quilt it but any ideas would be welcome. Perhaps I will use it to improve my machine quilting.

2 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Ferret said I should contact you about using wool and/or two layers of batting in a quilt using a Bernina.

Lyn Armstrong said...

Yes I have a 1260 model and usually just manage to get 'warm & natural' through the space, but I have been following your blog and ferrets and wondered if you could advise me on which wool batting would be easiest to manipulate, and even if I could try two battings like you, if my Bernina space is as big as yours?