Pages

Friday 4 May 2012

Solway Quilters

Catherine Mandoki "Liberty in the museum"
Yesterday I had the pleasure of a day off and went with the EG ladies and the Cumbria Patchworkers to Dumfries in Galloway to their show.  It was inspirational. This quilt used Liberty fabrics reproduced by them for their late 18th century and 19th century quilts and coverlets for the Victoria and Albert Museum 2010 exhibition. It was hand appliquéd, pieced and quilted. There were strong spotlights hanging from the ceiling so I could not avoid the loss of colour on the top left hand corner. I did try enhancing with photopaint to get rid of it but the degredation to the rest of the quilt was not worth it.  Catherine it was lovely to meet you again and thank you for being a loyal follower of this blog.

I will be posting more soon but the show had embroidery as well as quilts so if you look at the Keswick Embroiderers' blog you will be able to see some more exhibits. I am not sure when Lesley will post, but I expect it will be soon.

No comments: