Pages

Monday 14 November 2011

Progress

Autumn Glory kit by The Crewel Work Company
I am going to have a go at another crewel project, not sure if it will turn out quite like this photo of it because I only bought the linen marked out ready (not the full kit) as Phillipa Turnbull was selling off some redundant stock a couple of years ago.  I have had this waiting since then, yikes, how time flies. So this is the project, to see if I can make this huge cushion anything like it should be. I am not even sure what some of the stitches are because I don't have the instructions either, so I shall ask one of our EG ladies who is an expert and does a lot of sewing in crewel as she makes up stuff for Phillipa sometimes. If you want to make a similar cushion here's the site. They are very good kits by the way and I have now made up 3 which all look very professional.

Next bit of good news is that I asked DH if he would modify my number 9 foot for my Bernina and take out the front so I can see the needle when I am free motion sewing or quilting and he did it this morning and its great, no rough edges or anything, but then he is a master craftsman with metal. His latest project is coming on very well indeed and I love what he does its so beautiful and it works too.
And lastly, I am about to sew a thing called a 'mug rug' which is all about making a mini quilt or something like it with dimensions of 6" x 9" and then you put your mug of tea or coffee on it and there is also room for a biscuit.  We are all making one for Christmas in our little Cumbria Patchworkers group and then going to exchange them.  I will post a photo if it turns out ok.

No comments: