Pages

Sunday 3 July 2011

Jammy

Made some blackcurrant jam this evening as the bushes were ripe with fruit and it was starting to fall off.  I am not convinced that this is a good year for fruit overall because the apple trees are not looking very over populated.  Sometimes they are bursting with apples. So perhaps the early warm spring and early cold winter have had a detrimental influence.

I also lost quite a lot of my gooseberries to a damned wood pigeon before I set up an anti landing device, actually it was DH he simply stuck a long flimsy stick into the top of the pole which the pigeon was using to reach the fruit, dah; why didn't I think of that.

I have opened a twitter account for my other blog which deals with work namely guided walks, and I have discovered that twitterers are very amusing and its also very informative, I don't know why it took me so long to try it.

I will not be able to indulge too much in that type of thing for a few days though as I have some sewing to do. I have to leave the garden to itself for a few days which is a shame now that the sun is finally shining in Keswick.

No comments: