Pages

Sunday 26 June 2011

A rest day

Jamie Oliver's Lemon Drizzle Cake without the icing sugar topping.
I had a day off from toil with the Cumbria Patchworkers summer gathering.  Quite a jolly event held in a conservatory in Threlkeld. We had an enormous groaning table of goodies to tempt us at lunch time.  I made a carrot cake as a contribution and no the cake featured is not a carrot cake, you've seen photos of those before so this one is a Lemon Drizzle. http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/other-recipes/my-nan-s-lemon-drizzle-cake

We had to make something whilst we chatted away so the choice this year was a small drawstring bag which could contain a gift or perhaps some dried lavender in a mesh bag.


I am busy clearing my den today ready to hit the sewing machines and I have an idea for some new machine embroidery. Let's hope the sewing machine God's shine on me......

4 comments:

Lyn Armstrong said...

By the way I have now fixed my comments so I can comment again. If you are having the same problem email me and I will tell you how I fixed it.

Alice said...

How was the lemon drizzle cake?

Miriam Weaver said...

The drizzle cake looks lovely. I hope the sewing machine god is good to you.

Lyn Armstrong said...

The cake is delicious, Dad took some up Styhead today, had to help loads of people in the mist who had no maps....