I did not think there would be enough room at the Cumbria Patchworkers workshop last week for 17 of us to make these convergence quilts, so I went it alone with some ideas I picked up from looking at photos on the internet and this is the result. I seem to recall a similar way of adjusting pictures years ago in a basic design book by Maurice De Sausmarez. http://fineart.ac.uk/artists.php?idartlist=162
The idea was to cut the photo into strips and rearrange it in many different forms to give a different view. The same happens with this quilt, so it's not a new idea.
I made most of the fabric myself because I wanted a particular look. Basically, I had the black fabric with the sharply defined lines and I made the green, orange and yellow fabric by painting on white Egyptian cotton with silk paints, then heat setting it with an iron.
I am still working on the colourful quilt but have not had time to photograph it, but the corners worked out ok and so has the rest of it. I dug out another quilt too which had been around too long waiting to be quilted, its under my Bernina as I type.
The information, illustrations and photographs on this blog are the copyright of Lynda Armstrong unless otherwise stated and may not be used, copied or transmitted without my permission. You may link to this site or to a post from this site but please give appropriate credit for the content. If you seek clarifiication, please email me