Sunday, 25 November 2012

Progress on Hamadan Rug

 Keeping the rug taught so the warps did not hang loose and the knots come undone was a problem. I used a board behind and stapled the warps to it so I could apply tension.

This is the stage I have reached. The new wool is in place and I don't think the colour match is too bad.  I had to do a row of plain navy then a row of red and beige dots and then another row of navy with a final row of red. I have tied in and sewn in the wefts all apart from the last one. I now need to concentrate on the fringe. This is the difficult bit next as this is what will hold the repair and the rug together.

3 comments:

Miriam Weaver said...

Very clever, another skill to add to your cv! The colour match looks perfect. Can't wait to see the next stage.

Lyn Armstrong said...

It is a bit scary doing something like this, I just don't know if the repair will hold together when a vacuum cleaner is applied..... I wish it was not going back into a holiday cottage where the cleaners probably treat it with disregard.

Lyn Armstrong said...

I have also learnt a lot more about rugs though, which has been very interesting. The internet is invaluable when you are doing something like this for the first time.