Pages

Monday 9 February 2009

Hello Dolly

Well I now have some photos sent on by Gill Reid ready to inspire you all for her March 19th Workshop called 'Head Cases'.

There are various views of the same doll and here is number one a close up of her face...

















Another view shows us her back with her very dainty wings.....





















And here she is showing off her embroidered? waistcoat.......














So if you have not booked this workshop yet it might be an idea to let Pat Knifton know you want to attend. (Please note that I do not put phone numbers on this blog.)



I have just been looking on the web for some more supplies of silk waste for making my own silk paper and I found a site called Stef Francis which deals with everything to do with dyed threads so I now know where to buy them. I have added her to the list of websites in the sidebar on the right of the blog if you want to go take a peek.

I will be adding more blogs and links to this site as soon as I find some which I think will be good to include. You can see that I have upgraded the list of blogs by showing a picture when a new post is made and I have also added Ferret Fabrications to the list she is the quilter who made 'Herd Mentality'. This is a photo I took of this award winning quilt at the NEC in the summer.



Did you know that Ferret is running a workshop on Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th June in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire? It's called 'Art Quilting with Ferret' and the price is £90 for the 2 days plus there is accommodation available. So if anyone is interested, please let me know and I will pass on the details, I am certainly interested.

2 comments:

Ferret said...

Thanks for mentioning my class. It should be a lot of fun (well a barely contained riot usually) and I'd love to meet lots of new people.

BTW Stef Francis has a fantastic range of products, all manner of hand dyes and some really interesting options for embellishment.

Lesley said...

I'm looking forward to making the dolls; can't decide whether I prefer the sweet little dolly, or the rather wild fairy.